Re: Remove annoying Gnome 3 notifications

On 09/08/2011 10:27 PM, Camaleón wrote:
> Okay, just in case this can be of any help, in the Spanish mailing list a
> user has reported that by removing "notification-daemon" package and
> installing "notify-osd" things seem going back to "normal" but I still
> have not tested, I'm looking for a way to restore the look & feel of the
> old notifier.
Well, gnome-core 2.3 depends upon notification-daemon :(
It cannot be removed without going to experimental.

Whatever, I'm going to upgrade some gnome packages to experimental.
This way there won't be 2.3 and 3.0 at the same time.
Let's see what will happen.