Re: lists.debian.org has received bounces from you

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 22:06:22 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 16:54:17 -0400
> Frank McCormick <debianlist@videotron.ca> wrote:
>
> Hello Frank,
>
>>    Does anyone know what this is all about ?  Never seen anything like
>> this before.
>
> For some reason, mail has been bouncing.  Probably due to a transient
> problem with your email provider's servers.  I occasionally get such
> mails from the lists I'm subbed to.  It's probably nothing to worry
> about.
>
> As the mail suggests, make sure you whitelist (if you can)
> liszt.debian.org to help minimise re-occurrences.

I don't really see how whitelisting could help - if OP's email provider
thinks it's spam, would they not put it into a junk folder or some such
rather than bounce it?

Whatever, I do agree that the issue is at OP's email provider.

Personally I don't suffer these problems anyway. since I set up my list
subscriptions (when possible) *not* to email me. I read and post via
Gmane
- not for this reason, but because I find it much more convenient anyway.