Re: ReInstall of System borked Admin Pwd for Apps

Stephen Allen wrote:
> Just to follow-up to my previous email, Bob's suggestion didn't work
> either. That stanza was already entered.

Are you running Synaptic through sudo?  Or is it asking you for the
password itself?  I never run Synaptic.  But I use sudo a lot.

What is the output of sudo -l?

  $ sudo -l
  Matching Defaults entries for rwp on this host:
    env_reset,
    secure_path=/usr/local/sbin\:/usr/local/bin\:/usr/sbin\:/usr/bin\:/sbin\:/bin,
    env_keep+=HOME, env_keep+=MAIL, !lecture, !fqdn
  User rwp may run the following commands on this host:
    (ALL) ALL

What output do you get when you run sudo id?

  $ sudo id
  uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

Bob