Re: ReInstall of System borked Admin Pwd for Apps

2011/9/4 Stephen Allen <marathon.durandal@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 08:04:20AM +0000, darkestkhan wrote:

>> > ---end quoted text---
>> >
>> > Cool. Thanks for the help.
>> >
>> > Strange why that line isn't there aye?
>> >

>> Well, probably because maintainers can't be sure about which user
>> should have root level privileges, so it has actualized file without
>> asking question whether it should do so (this one is because of
>> synaptic, can't blame it - most (nontechnical) users won't notice
>> those changes, and in most cases system doesn't brake). As I'm
>> updating from command line I got information about changes in
>> /etc/sudoers but I decided to handle this manually as tool for merging
>> changes in config files is not too helpful (but it could be, arch and
>> gentoo are doing much better in this aspect)
>>

> Unfortuantely the suggested fix didn't work. Must have something to do with PAM? Doesn't
> PAM interact with the Keychain and maybe SUDOERS to authorize a user wanting to run for
> example, Synaptic?

It should work... (there is space after right parenthesis (and it may
be that you it should be
username ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

but if it still doesn't work then I can't be of much help - it works
for me, though, admittedly I don't use PAM so it may be that it does
work until I will have to use something with PAM (or other similar
solution).

PS:
It has to be noted that things worked well without merging changes in
/etc/sudoers as long as programs were run by me - if program run by me
with root privileges was running different program then I got errors
that it can't find things in /sbin (and thus I knew that I have to
look at changes in /etc/sudoers)

darkestkhan
Feel free to CC me.
jid: darkestkhan@gmail.com