Re: ReInstall of System borked Admin Pwd for Apps

2011/9/3 Stephen Allen <marathon.durandal@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 05:32:03AM +0000, darkestkhan wrote:
>> 2011/9/1 Stephen Allen <marathon.durandal@gmail.com>:
>> > Hello.
>
>> > What do I have to do to fix this?
>

>> check out /etc/sudoers if it contains all fields
> ---end quoted text---
>
> It contains just 2 fields;
>
>        # User privilege specification
>        root    ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
>
>        # Allow members of group sudo to execute any command
>        %sudo   ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
>
> It is sudoers that controls GUI access to applications requiring root access? Thought the keyring
> +had something to do with that?

/etc/sudoers contains informations about who has rights to access root
level privileges (though I know it can do much more, like giving only
limited privileges)

at the bottom of /etc/sudoers you should have this line:
username ALL=(ALL) ALL

where username is the name of user that will have root level
privileges, so in my case it is like this:
darkestkhan ALL=(ALL) ALL

You will probably have to run in maintenance (or rescue, forgot how it
was called) mode, after that (or reboot) everything should work

darkestkhan
Feel free to CC me.
jid: darkestkhan@gmail.com
May The Source be with You.