Re: Setting up Icedove with mayor providers (was: MTU and Postfix)

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>> A bit unexpected, by browser, my gmail for debian mailing list I only
>> kept recent 1610 emails (around).
>> but the icedove was busy downloading, reached 6 thousands and more.
>>
>> Frankly speaking, I removed the icedove again.
>>
>> and back to check emails on iceweasle.
>>
>> It's a better choice for me I guess.
>
> Before setting up your Gmail account to use it with your e-mail client
> you should first "clean up" your inbox/folders because you can have

inbox/folders ?

I have inbox and different folders ( folders are not in the inbox directory).

clean up?

> stored there thousand of messages that can take very long to download.
>
> Were you using POP3 or IMAP to get your Gmail's e-mails in Icedove?

IMAP.

P.S  Before I tried the icedove,
mainly just wanna download thousands of emails from windows live
account to backup (It's kind of "official" email box I used for
years).
Right now I wonder I maybe do backup in different machine, such as use
outlook. will try another time.

Thanks again,