Re: Setting up Icedove with mayor providers (was: MTU and Postfix)

On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 20:42:30 +0800, lina wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

>>> May I ask one thing here,
>>
>> Well, not here, maybe in a new thread, don't you think? Hijacking
>> other's postings is not nice ;-)

> "Hijacking" is a big word for me to afford, sorry to just take a lift
> there.

Don't get it wrong :-)

The term "hijacking" when used for mailing list threads is a common slang
to indicate that someone has replied to a post and changed the main topic:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thread%20hijacking

>>> Last time I tried the icedove but don't know how to set the SMTP for
>>> hotmail one.
>>
>> http://email.about.com/od/accessinghotmail/f/Windows_Live_Hotmail_SMTP_Settings.htm
>
> Thanks for the URL you provided, actually last time I met this webpage.
>
> Mine windows live email address is a bit different, not ends up with the
> traditional one like .hotmail or something like this. It's associated
> with some other things.
>
> I will check further and see (mostly the same as last time, not solved
> and put aside).

Then you should read the FAQ of your former e-mail server provider for
setting up smtp service :-?

> the icedove is smart, the gmail is autoconfigured.

Yep, but remember you can always use a manual setup to configure your
accounts.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón