Setting up Icedove with mayor providers (was: MTU and Postfix)

On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 19:33:41 +0800, lina wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:09:23 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> (...)
>>
>>> I'm still monitoring this but if this is the "cure" to prevent such
>>> errors, are there any expected drawbacks for lowering MTU
>>> "system-wide"?
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> Mmm, no replies yet...
>
> Reply:
>
> Sorry, I do not understand well most what you said even I read three
> times.

Ouch! The thread was just about MTU and I asked if it is fine to adjust
that value with bonded NICs...

> May I ask one thing here,

Well, not here, maybe in a new thread, don't you think? Hijacking other's
postings is not nice ;-)

(editing the subject...)

http://email.about.com/od/accessinghotmail/f/Windows_Live_Hotmail_SMTP_Settings.htm

> Is the icedove a good choice (for me) to grab emails from hotmail and
> gmail?

Yes, why not? :-?

> Seems Postfix is "heavy" for me?

Postfix is an e-mail server (MTA) not an e-mail client (MUA) like
Icedove. It's another kind of beast :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón