Re: How to set up the portable hard drive

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 18:13:58 +0800, lina wrote:
>
>> I don't know how to set up the portable hard drive (external one).
>>
>> I failed to drag (copy) things into it.
>>
>> it showed me,
>> Error opening file '/media/FreeAgent GoFlex Drive/fulltext.pdf':
>> Permission denied
>>
>> but I can drag things out.
>>
>> :/media$ ls -l FreeAgent\ GoFlex\ Drive/
>> total 36172
>> -rw------- 1 lina lina      170 Jan 11  2010 Autorun.inf
>> -rw------- 1 lina lina    65643 Mar 18  2010 GoFlex.ico
>> -rw------- 2 lina lina 36806329 Feb 16  2011 Mac Installer.dmg
>> drwx------ 1 lina lina        0 Aug 10 20:01 Seagate
>> -rw------- 1 lina lina   156312 Jan 16  2009 Setup.exe
>> drwx------ 1 lina lina        0 Aug 10 20:01 System Volume Information
>> drwx------ 1 lina lina     4096 Aug 10 20:01 UserGuides
>
> (...)
>
> Run "mount" and put here the result.

It's surprisingly cool, when I tried to mount it on another computer
which is sid one,

it works, I can copy and paste and also no problems create new folder.

and the mount information is different:

/dev/sdb1 on /media/FreeAgent GoFlex Drive type fuseblk
(rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,blksize=4096,default_permissions)

seems I don't need reformate?