Re: mailto links not working in Iceweasel 5

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 7:52 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:31:41 -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
>
>> Although I have mailto set to use Gmail in the Preferences, nothing
>> happens when I click on a mailto link.  Any ideas?
>
> What's your DE? GNOME?

It is GNOME, but Iceweasel/Firefox has always handled mailto links
natively in the past.  And it shows every appearance of doing that
now, as the Preferences/Applications page has an option to choose
Gmail to handle mailto links; it's just not working as it should.

> I would check if the url handler is set it right in Gconf:
>
> /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto

That's set to evolution which I never use.  (And which is not invoked
for mailto links in Iceweasel.)

> Are you using a custom script to launch Gmail? Does it work when you set
> another e-mail clients (like Icedove, Evolution or mailx/mutt...)?

Iceweasel's application details says the mailto link points to gmail
on the web as one would expect.

> There is a package (gnome-gmail) that automates this, but I see it only
> available for wheezy/sid.

It's available to me on my testing (which I guess is wheezy) system.
Thanks for the suggestion.  I may try it, although I think it's a bug
in Iceweasel.

Patrick