Re: mailto links not working in Iceweasel 5

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:31:41 -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

> Although I have mailto set to use Gmail in the Preferences, nothing
> happens when I click on a mailto link.  Any ideas?

What's your DE? GNOME?

I would check if the url handler is set it right in Gconf:

/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto

Are you using a custom script to launch Gmail? Does it work when you set
another e-mail clients (like Icedove, Evolution or mailx/mutt...)?

There is a package (gnome-gmail) that automates this, but I see it only
available for wheezy/sid.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón