Re: Rsync fails on copying large file [SOLVED]

On 31/08/11 12:29, Alan Chandler wrote:

After several failed attempts I replaced the :: method with a single
colon one (ie uses ssh) and it works perfectly.

So either there is a setting I need in rsyncd.conf or there is a bug in
this form of the protocol?

It turns out to be a timeout problem in rsyncd.conf I had set a timeout of 10 minutes on the daemon, and it turns out not to have been long enough.

I increased it to 30 minutes, and my copy now completes OK.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk