Re: sudoers tty defaults (Re: Changing Users in a script)

Tom H wrote:
> I've just re-read the sudoers man page (after a VERY long time),
> thinking that it would help me "refudiate" the fact that the
> "Defaults" line had some in-built, unlisted defaults, when in fact,
> I've been misusing "sudo -L" for more years than I care to remember...

And I see that with the latest sudo in Sid that it installs a new
upstream sudo and the upstream sudo no longer has the sudo -L option.
The 'sudo -L' is gone now.

Here is the upstream ChangeLog concerning sudo -L:

2010-05-28  Todd C. Miller  <Todd.Miller@courtesan.com>

        * doc/sudo.cat, doc/sudo.man.in, doc/sudo.pod, src/parse_args.c,
        Completely remove the -L flag from the sudo front end.

2009-12-07  Todd C. Miller  <Todd.Miller@courtesan.com>

        * sudo.pod:
        The -L flag will be removed in sudo 1.7.4

1999-10-12  Todd C. Miller  <Todd.Miller@courtesan.com>

        * sudo.cat, sudo.html, sudo.man, sudo.pod:
        document -L flag

1999-09-08  Todd C. Miller  <Todd.Miller@courtesan.com>

        Add a "-L" flag to list the name of options with their descriptions.
        This may only be temporary.