Re: error from Klamav

On 30/08/11 21:41, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
Thanks for your help, Scott.

On 30/08/11 11:14, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 30/08/11 19:18, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
On 30/08/11 10:03, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 30/08/11 18:09, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
I am getting an error after the nightly scan by KlamAV as follows:

From: root@tony-lx.xxx (Cron Daemon)
To: tony@tony-lx.xxx
Subject: Cron <tony@tony-lx>
/home/tony/.klamav/ScanWithKlamav_170811104108.sh '/home/tony/'
[...]

<snipped>

If it succeeds, and no-one here has alternative suggestions, I'll raise
a bug.

Cheers,

I don't personally use it, and my systems are too heavily modified to be useful for bug reports, so I won't file one. I install klamav for the benefit of, um, operators - but I enforce scans using clamav cron jobs (the gui seems redundant for those).

At some stage I should file a bug report for the minor problem Klamav has when you close - it puts out a useless error message about updates being killed - when nothing of the sort actually happens.

Cheers

--
"Folks, it's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because, um – they're no longer relevant. We're supposed to keep evolving. Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs. You do know that, right? There's another 90 percent of our brains that we have to illuminate."
— Bill Hicks