Re: squeeze freeze while copying from camera mem card (via USB)

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011, Camaleón wrote:

Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 15:59:10 +0000 (UTC)
From: Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: squeeze freeze while copying from camera mem card (via USB)

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 23:55:45 +0300, Itay wrote:

(...)

+ I couldn't find out anything suspicious in /var/log/syslog.
   (But honestly I don't know what to look for: what is kernel
    soft-lock?)

here there is a good explanation on what soft/hard locks here (scroll
down to "A Classification of Kernel Bugs"):

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Bugreport_kernel

Indeed: the condition I had seemed closest to kernel soft lockup.

Sorry, I did not find a similar doc for Debian explainig the different
types for the most common kernel bugs :-P

I thank you for the responsiveness and directions you have provided.

Although in the past the problem appeared quite consistently, in the last few days I failed to reproduce the problem. So I can't test your suggestions. (In a sense these are good news ;-)

Therefore I will suspend the discussion in this thread.
I will send a separate message in this regard.

Thanks,
Itay

Greetings,