autoinstalled packages

[…]

 >> When I want to remove the dummy dhcp3 package, the real isc package also
 >> gets removed.

 > This is general problem with dummy transitional packages.  The
 > package they pull in gets marked as "automatically installed", and
 > when you remove the dummy package, its dependency gets autoremoved.
 > Nobody has a good solution to this yet, AFAIK.

[…]

 > "aptitude unmarkauto isc-dhcp-client" does the trick.

	I guess that # apt-get install isc-dhcp-client may do the same
	(provided that there's no newer version of the package in the
	repositories.)

	Also there's the APT::Get::AutomaticRemove option, which, if set
	to false, I expect to prevent APT from removing the
	automatically installed packages.

	However, what I'm interested in right now, is how do I access
	the list of autoinstalled packages with plain APT or dpkg(1)?

--
FSF associate member #7257