Re: Best linux Distro 2011

Johann Spies wrote:
On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 05:26:47PM +0200, Camaleón wrote:
And Well Debian wins over all the Distros :)
Nice!

But openSUSE is far better than Ubtuntu in almost any aspect... :-P
I had to work with servers runing openSUSE for a few years and I beg to
differ.  I prefer any Debian flavour over openSuse.

Generally, I agree, but....

I've been running Debian with Xen on a couple of production machines (Debian as both Dom0 and DomUs) - started out with Xen 2.x on Sarge, upgraded several times, now running the final Xen 3 release on Lenny.

Things have always been a bit finicky, and there are some bugs that have never been fixed that require workarounds (read: tricky configuration) to maintain reliable operation. From what I read on the Xen lists and bug database, I get the sense that Xen (at least the community version) is a lot more reliable and has better support on CentOS and SLES.

I'm getting ready to upgrade to Xen 4 and Squeeze, but there's a part of me that is leaning toward either CentOS or SLES - neither of which are environments I really like to manage.

Miles Fidelman