Re: Hardware - Boot issues: No post

On Tuesday 09 August 2011 15:30:53 KS wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 23:47 -0500, "Stan Hoeppner"
>

> Thanks Stan. The motherboard has onboard video. But the behaviour of the
> machine is the same with or without the PCIe video card.
>
> And the machine does not boot anymore with any of the RAM modules.
> Assuming that all the memory modules were not zapped together, it is
> quite likely the CPU is toast. I can only check this using another
> machine like this. I might be able to do that tomorrow (and some
> memtest86 too).

I don't know where you are located, but consider carefully....you may have
toasted the A) RAM B) CPU C) mltherboard D) all of the above E) something else
that is bringing the entire system down.  By putting potentially broken
components into a good system, you can also toast components on the good
system. This will cost you more than taking the system into a reputable repair
shop and having them diagnose the problem(s) for you.  I recently did that and
I considered the $70 diagnostic fee to be cheap because then I knew exactly
what to replace.

For future reference, you are best off if when doing something with RAM, you
get a complete matched set of memory.  Don't mix and match.

Mark