Re: thread issue

On 8/5/2011 12:32 PM, lina wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Walter Hurry <walterhurry@lavabit.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 10:03:28 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>>
>>> (http://www.sgi.com/products/servers/altix/uv/)
>>
>> I think I could afford to be *very* nice if I had one of those ;-)
>
> Very very intriguing.
>
> I checked yesterday and today I could not help checking again.
>
> Just seems no price in this webpage?

Things that cost over $1 Million dollars usually don't have a sticker
price Lina.  ;)  A maximum configuration Altix UV 1000 w/2560 cores,
16TB of RAM, NUMALink routers, disk storage, etc, will cost well over
$10 Million USD.  The smallest UV 100 configuration that anyone would
likely buy would be a 32 socket UV 100, which would cost several hundred
thousand dollars, if not over $1 Million.

You won't find new SGI Supers outside of government funded labs,
universities, or Fortune 500 companies, specifically pharma research
companies.  No one else can afford them.

--
Stan