Re: thread issue

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
> On 8/4/2011 11:52 AM, lina wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:31 AM, Jerome BENOIT <g6299304p@rezozer.net> wrote:

>>> She run jobs on a lab cluster and on her personal Debian laptop,
>>> and she is not really aware of job scheduler [1]
>>>
>>> Jerome
>>>
>>> [1] personal communication.
>>

> Ahh, ok.  The "inside knowledge" now makes sense. :)  Jerome, Lina
> mentioned qsub, so I assumed she was aware of the job scheduler.  I take
> it that you meant she's not aware of a job scheduler for laptop use?

Please forgive I answering this questions for him.

Yes, I do know something very very basic about job scheduler.

Before I planned to analysis data on cluster, but I was suggested not
to do this cause some heavy process might slow down the server.

I was further suggested to do it on my laptop which also has 8
processor. But I was kind of lazy to transfer around 80G data from
server to laptop, and when the processors are fully occupied, there
was a heating problem which I do not like either.

I installed the slurm-llnl, but mostly I will not use it. seems very
complicate for me.

Thanks very much for all of your time.