Re: thread issue

Thanks for suggestions,

Actually I got a job which contains several small jobs inside.

if run the bash script, it will do those one by one and it is pretty
slow, waiting ...

I can run each small jobs separately, but use a bash script kind of
easy to make some changes in amount and manage.

I just wonder are there some simple way to do it?

another question, if I don't have root previlege, can I adjust my nice
level in some cluster? I noticed mine NI was kind of 19, totally crazy
slow.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 10:15 PM, Frank Lanitz <frank@frank.uvena.de> wrote:
> Am 04.08.2011 15:12, schrieb lina:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed when make -j 8, the 8 cores can be fully occupied.
>>
>> can I use some way to enable 8 cores at the same time when I run
>> something, such as a bash script?
>
> Hard to say as it depends on the software you are running. On shell
> scripts you might can do it by intelligent forking of processes doing
> the single tasks.

How can I fork of processes doing each single tasks?