Re: thread issue

Thanks for your asking.

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:24 AM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
> On 8/4/2011 10:42 AM, lina wrote:
>
>> Actually the nice-concern was in cluster.
>> I can't use qsub or mpi
>
> Full stop.  Time to give us more background Lina.  You've not been
> forthcoming.  :)  I'm seeing "cluster" and "mpi" for the first time in
> this thread, and we're some ~30 posts deep.  You should have given us
> more detailed information about your platform in your first post.
> Please answer these questions:
>
> 1.  What job (app) are you wanting to run?
> 2.  On every node in the cluster or just one, or a few?
> 3.  How frequently do you plan on running this program in future?
>    i.e. will this be a daily/weekly/monthly job?
> 4.  Why are you now manually running this job on an individual node?
> 5.  Why won't this job work with PBS?

I will try answer your questions in general.

The heavy job was running on those nodes, now left the analysis job.
which is very very short compared the big job.

The HPC is not free which is bad ( for me), and the analysis process
is not parallel yet.

actually my problem has already solved, but I am interesting in
reading all the further knowledgable discussions.

> Given that this list is primarily staffed by desktop weenies ;), I'm
> surprised you're asking for advice here, instead of on a Linux cluster
> oriented or other list more appropriate to your situation.

I posted on bash list, but for a long period, no answer.
Frankly speaking, at beginning when I decided to ask,
I worried that might be blamed for posting a bit off-topic.
But I did wish to get the answer, a simple "&" is a valuable sign I
learned from this posting.

at beginning, I barely read those emails from list cause lots I didn't
understand, mainly for deleting.
but gradually I am kind of like this list.
started to read those emails and discussions and feel kind of like
this list very much.