Re: cups usbfs: process .... (usb) did not claim interface 1 before use

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 16:50:08 +0200, deloptes wrote:

>> On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 08:45:37 +0200, deloptes wrote:

>>> kernel: usb 4-1: usbfs: process 14578 (usb) did not claim interface 1
>>> before use
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> Is this wheezy/sid?
>
> no squeeze/testing

And what packages has been upgraded recently?

>> If kernel has problems for allocating the USB interface CUPS will
>> neither be able to reach the printer.
>
> the only meaningful message I read in the forum was to downgrade cups,
> but where do I find the older version in the debian repo?

The error message you got was from kernel not CUPS :-?

Can you see the printer (lsusb)?

>> Have you tried to connect the printer into another USB port or start
>> the system with the printer turned off and once in, power it on and
>> check for dmesg?
>
> I have tried unplug and plug to different ubs port but it doesn't help

"dmesg" showed nothing -no activity- when replugging?

(...)

>>> 2011-08-02 08:40:12 1Qo8e1-0003oL-OP == submit@bugs.debian.org
>>> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (-44): SMTP error from remote mail
>>> server after RCPT TO:<submit@bugs.debian.org>: host
>>> bugs-master.debian.org [140.211.15.34]: 451 Greylisted, see
>>> http://postgrey.schweikert.ch/help/bugs.debian.org.html
>>
>> It is not clear to me why your e-mail server is greylisted, that's
>> something to check with your e-mail server provider. In the meantime,
>> try with another e-mail address.
>>

> my pc with localdomain is sending directly to the server, not through
> the smtp I'm supposed to use. I opened one in the webinterface

Ah, that makes sense... well, you can configure exim (or whatever MTA) to
deliver external e-mails through a remote smtp server like any MUA will
do.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón