Re: restoring MBR

On 29/07/11 21:28, Baurzhan Ismagulov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've installed Squeeze to a USB drive, and grub2 installed itself to the
> internal hard drive.

Curious. I've never had that problem when installing Squeeze to a USB
drive. Can you boot from the USB drive?

> Now I can't boot from the internal drive since it
> has encryption software checking some sort of CRC of the MBR. Is the
> backup of the MBR available somewhere in the Linux rootfs?

No.
But it "sounds" like the problem "might" be your BIOS. Have a look and
see if you have some sort of boot record protection in the BIOS and turn
it off.

> Please cc to me, I'm not subscribed.
>
> Thanks in advance,

Please provide some information about the OS/s installed on your
internal HDD/s and the messages you get when you boot.

Also check the boot order in your BIOS.

Cheers

P.S. Don't stress - most likely this is easily fixed.

--
“Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know
one child with a full time job and children.”