Re: Problem getting php5-mysql to work

On 30/07/11 06:31, Aniruddha wrote:
> I installed  php5-mysql and restarted apache. For some reason the
> php5-mysql isn't working. It doesn't show up in phpinfo

There are a number of ways to configure apache/php/pear/mysql etc
phpinfo on my setups shows:-
Additional .ini files parsed 	/etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/gd.ini,
/etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/mcrypt.ini, /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/mysql.ini,
/etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/mysqli.ini, /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/pdo.ini,
/etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/pdo_mysql.ini

> and vtigercrm.

I'm not familiar with that crm.

> Are there additional steps needed in order to get this module working?
> I couldn�t find them in the wiki or  README.Debian.
>
> $ cat /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/mysql.ini
> ; configuration for php MySQL module
> extension=mysql.so

That ^^ is as it should be.

What do you get from:-
# mysql

I'm "assuming" you're running Squeeze. Not easy to answer your question
without knowing a little more... :-)

What other php and mysql packages do you have installed?

root@dev:~# dpkg --get-selections | grep php
libapache2-mod-php5                             install
php-pear                                        install
php5                                            install
php5-cgi                                        install
php5-cli                                        install
php5-common                                     install
php5-gd                                         install
php5-mcrypt                                     install
php5-mysql                                      install

root@dev:~# dpkg --get-selections | grep mysql
libdbd-mysql-perl                               install
libmysqlclient16                                install
mysql-client                                    install
mysql-client-5.1                                install
mysql-common                                    install
mysql-server                                    install
mysql-server-5.1                                install
mysql-server-core-5.1                           install
php5-mysql                                      install

What apache packages do you have?

root@dev:~# dpkg --get-selections | grep apache
apache2                                         install
apache2-doc                                     install
apache2-mpm-prefork                             install
apache2-suexec-custom                           install
apache2-utils                                   install
apache2.2-bin                                   install
apache2.2-common                                install
libapache-ruby1.8                               install
libapache2-mod-fcgid                            install
libapache2-mod-php5                             install
libapache2-mod-ruby                             install
libapache2-svn                                  install

Cheers

--
“Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know
one child with a full time job and children.”