Re: Problems with PAE kernel sort of solved.

On 29/07/11 12:22 PM, Dejan Ribič wrote:
Been there..done that :) The BIOS is the latest available, and Intel
naturally has dropped support for this MB.
My interim solution has been to boot the 2.6.38 kernels in Sid, and/or
Ubuntu Maverick and Natty on the other partitions.

Hi,

I wasn't paying attention through the whole thread, but is there a
particular reason that requires you to use a PAE kernel? (if you have
already answered this and I missed it, I apologize.) BTW: there is
2.6.38 kernel in squeeze-backports.

No particular reason, it's just that the kernel developers decided at one point to start using PAE which is now the only kernel available in the 3.0 series. However I can still and do boot 2.6.38 which does not have PAE turned on.

--
Cheers
Frank