Re: Backup Software

mark wrote:
On Wednesday 20 July 2011 11:52:45 pm Ethan Rosenberg wrote:
Dear List -

What software would you recommend to backup a Debian system on a
stand-alone computer?

I've used mondoarchive for years. It works and is well supported by the author and community. It is NOT GUI based. This is a major advantage if your system crashes and you can get to a console, but not to a gui. (I had that problem a couple of months ago. Mondoarchive saved my computer's data and allowed me to restore it.) It backs up to CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, USB key/disk, Tape, Net mount or hard disk. It compresses the data and makes your backup media bootable (within reason).

It is worth the time.

I second that. I have used mondoarchive for years and it is my tool of choice. Very well supported too, although presently without Debian Maintainer.

Hugo