Re: Backup Software

On Wednesday 20 July 2011 11:52:45 pm Ethan Rosenberg wrote:
> Dear List -
>
> What software would you recommend to backup a Debian system on a
> stand-alone computer?

I've used mondoarchive for years.  It works and is well supported by
the author and community.  It is NOT GUI based.  This is a major
advantage if your system crashes and you can get to a console, but
not to a gui. (I had that problem a couple of months ago.
Mondoarchive saved my computer's data and allowed me to restore it.)
It backs up to CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, USB key/disk, Tape, Net mount or
hard disk.  It compresses the data and makes your backup media
bootable (within reason).

It is worth the time.

Mark