Re: capslock/numlock keys behavior sometimes reversed

On 07/14/11 00:09, Nicolas Bercher wrote:
On 14/07/2011 00:20, Selim T. Erdogan wrote:
Probably not relevant, but:
Some time ago, on the console, I noticed that the "windows key" would
turn the caps lock on and off (I think without turning on the led).
Though I just tested this and didn't reproduce it.
You are right, and here (tty1) I have really strange behaviors:
- when caps is enabled, apart the led stays off, it is working as expected
- only on the login prompt: the windows keys (both of them if they
exist) act as reversing caps (with the led still on), this is no more
true when I'm logged in!

No Windows key here. I have an ancient, solid, IBM keyboard with nice tactile feedback. None of these new, flimsy keyboards for me. But I do occasionally get this problem.

Marc