Re: Unison hangs on copy

Victor Munoz wrote:
> Mm... not obviouss this is the case. I have a ping to the router
> simultaneously with the unison attempt, and while unison is waiting to
> copy files, ping keeps responding, no packet loss.

That seems good anyway.

> It might be something with the router. Now, I guess ping and unison
> use different ports.

Ping is an ICMP (internet control message protocol) and rsync and
unison both use TCP.  So not different ports but completely different
protocols.  Both are part of IP (Internet Protocol).

> Would it make sense? (I undertand unison uses rsync, or a version of
> it, to synchronize files, and rsync works, so I'd think that copying
> files with unison should work too, if it were a port problem...)

I agree that if ssh and rsync is working then unison should work too.
And so with this I am exhausted of ideas for you.

Bob