Re: ..move mail between laptops? Mail in "MH" folders, Claws style.

Tixy <tixy@yxit.co.uk> writes:

> On Thu, 2011-07-21 at 07:41 +0200, lee wrote:
>> Did they change the packaging of dovecot recently?  I
>> checked a few weeks ago, and afair there weren't separate packages for
>> dovecot as there are now.
>
> I'm running Squeeze and have had dovecot-imapd installed for several
> months, and that package is also in Lenny along with dovecot-pop3d.
> There are some other dovecot packages which seem to be new to Wheezy
> [1], perhaps that's what you noticed.

Hm, not sure --- I've always been thinking that dovecot is an MTA that
would replace exim4 (or another MTA) when installing it to use the IMAP
part.  Now it's obvious when looking at the packages that the IMAP part
can be used without the rest of dovecot.  Either I've been mistaken for
a long time, or something has recently changed, and really I wonder
which is the case ...

--
http://www.asciiribbon.org/
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855