Re: ..move mail between laptops? Mail in "MH" folders, Claws style.

On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 07:13 +0200, lee wrote:
> Rob Owens <rowens@ptd.net> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 06:02:05PM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> ..move mail between laptops?  Mail in "MH" folders, Claws Mail
> >> default "MH" folders with one file for each message, from spare
> >> netbook to real laptop, howto pointers?  Tried the formail -ds
> >> route and must be overlooking something.
> >>
> > How about setting up a home IMAP server?  I use dovecot and it was
> > pretty straightforward to set up.
>
> Dovecot is described as an MTA; can the IMAP part be used without the
> MTA?

Yes. I use Exim to deliver mail to MailDir directories and Dovecot to
provide access to then via IMAP.

>   And does the IMAP part support MH?

It doesn't. There's a handy table with programs and supported mail
formats at http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailboxFormat (I can't vouch for the
accuracy of the information).

--
Tixy