Re: ..move mail between laptops? Mail in "MH" folders, Claws style.

Tixy <tixy@yxit.co.uk> writes:

> On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 07:13 +0200, lee wrote:
>> Rob Owens <rowens@ptd.net> writes:
>>
>> > On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 06:02:05PM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>> >>
>> > How about setting up a home IMAP server?  I use dovecot and it was
>> > pretty straightforward to set up.
>>
>> Dovecot is described as an MTA; can the IMAP part be used without the
>> MTA?
>
> Yes. I use Exim to deliver mail to MailDir directories and Dovecot to
> provide access to then via IMAP.

Ah, thanks!  Did they change the packaging of dovecot recently?  I
checked a few weeks ago, and afair there weren't separate packages for
dovecot as there are now.  I'll have to try it and see if it can replace
courier-imap ...

--
html messages are obsolete