Re: vbox sid invalid mcookie

Liam O'Toole wrote:

> That strongly suggests that the problem lies within the sid guest.
>
> How do you start X there? Usually one would use startx or a display manager,
> launch a terminal within the session, and launch programs from the
> terminal at will.

  I'm using gnome 2.30.2 and login through a gui
  so X must be started via gdm ....

  I've had this vbox sid guest on the same host
  for over 2 years and have had a few expected
  odd problems with sid that have eventually
  been fixed ....

  Until about a month ago I could always launch programs
  from the terminal at will until this invalid magic cookie
  problem began ....

--
Stanley C. Kitching
Human Being