Re: vbox sid invalid mcookie

Cousin Stanley wrote :

>> Using a debian squeeze host for a Virtual Box 4.0.12
>> debian sid guest, about a month ago I started having
>> invalid magic cookie problems when trying to do
>> anything X related from a terminal ....

Liam O'Toole replied :

> Are you running applications
> entirely within the Virtual Box guest ?

  Yes, just using it as a test-bed for sid
  and for a few packages that are not in squeeze.

> Or trying to forward output
> to the host display ?

  No, although I might want to try that
  in the future ....

  I can ssh & scp from the sid guest
  to the squeeze host ....

  However, if I  ssh -Y  to the squeeze host
  I get the invalid magic cookie message
  the same as only trying to start a local
  X program from the terminal in the sid guest ....

  X forwarding is enabled in the squeeze host,
  and I can  ssh -Y  into the host
  from ArchLinux and Ubuntu guests
  also under VirtualBox on the same host
  without problems ....