Re: Where is the table Xorg.conf located (Squeeze)?

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> writes:

> On 2011-07-16 16:56 +0200, lee wrote:
>
>> Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> writes:

>>> Where did you come to that conclusion?  Note that xorg.conf(5) says
>>
>> It's not a conclusion, it's experience.
> [...]
>
> Maybe you should not talk in second person here, because these things
> work for me.  Whether they work for Paul cannot be decided without
> seeing his complete xorg.conf (and possibly Xorg.0.log).

Ah, now I think I see what you mean.  I didn't express myself very
well.  My intention was to make a general statement that input devices
are very likely not to work correctly without an xorg.conf.  I didn't
mean to say Pauls input devices won't work, sorry.

>> HAL isn't running, and there is only one package installed that depends
>> on it; otherwise I would purge it.
>
> HAL is only needed on kfreebsd-*, where udev is not available.  I don't
> have it installed.

Interestingly, I've removed it and the package depending on it wasn't
removed.

>> BTW, how do you disable hotplugging, and how do you find out whether
>> it's enabled or disabled?  The manual page of xorg.conf doesn't say how
>> to do that.
>
> Apparently you had figured it out at some time already; try bisecting
> your xorg.conf until…

No, I hadn't.  The keyboard didn't work, and I fixed that.  Again,
what's the alternative to what I specified for the keyboard in
xorg.conf?  Is there automatic and correct detection of all keyboards
now?  And another example: How do you disable DontZap if not in your
xorg.conf?

,---- [man 5 xorg.conf ]
|        Option "AutoAddDevices" "boolean"
|        If this option is disabled, then no devices will be added from
|        HAL events.  Enabled by default.
`----

How about udev?

--