Re: Want to build new Debian PC. Is IDE interface gone?

On Monday 11 July 2011 9:24:36 am Camaleón wrote:
> Another possibility is having an external optical unit, but it
> requires and extra power supply (that means more cables around) and
> occupies valuable space.

Aha!  The cable monster.  So far on my desk are: PC, monitor, speaker,
telephone, printer & cel phone charger cables + 2 power bricks.
Charging my netbook adds another cable and charging brick.  Add
keyboard, mouse and speaker wires on the desktop +++.   I'm going to
go with adding the optical drive internally because I don't want to
add more to the cable clutter and lose more desktop space.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and humor.

Mark