Re: ntfs-3g does not mount any more

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:21:55 +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

>> (...)
>>
>> > --- SIGCHLD (Child exited) @ 0 (0) --- umount("/mnt", MNT_DETACH)
>> >          = 0
>>
>> It mounts and then umounts the share? >:-?
>>
>> I would try by reinstalling ntfs-3g packages...
>>

> It seems to be a package problem, as well. I purged and reinstalled the
> package, with the same result as before. It might have something to do
> with the bug, I linked in my first post. I can't see, if /etc/mtab was
> written (I used tail for watching).

Yes, I didn't notice before but you're getting the same trace than the
second one reported in there.

> So, I reverted back to the prior version and set it to hold
> (workaround). Maybe the next version will be fixed. I can wait for it.
> As 1.) I am the only one with this problem, and

Well, it seems there are at least two people with the same problem.

> 2.) other bugreports are already existing (which might got the same
reasons like in my problem)

You can add yourself to that report. The more people, the better.

> and 3.) I cannot really prove it is a bug indeed,

Yes, it's hard to tell when the problem is not hitting to all people and
happens only under determined circumstances.

> I did not send a bugreport yet.
>
> Thank you very much for your compentent help!

You're welcome.

At least you can track that bug and watch what they comment.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón