Re: ntfs-3g does not mount any more

> (...)
>
> > --- SIGCHLD (Child exited) @ 0 (0) ---
> > umount("/mnt", MNT_DETACH)              = 0
>
> It mounts and then umounts the share? >:-?
>
> I would try by reinstalling ntfs-3g packages...
>
> Greetings,

It seems to be a package problem, as well. I purged and reinstalled the
package, with the same result as before. It might have something to do with
the bug, I linked in my first post. I can't see, if /etc/mtab was written (I
used tail for watching).

So, I reverted back to the prior version and set it to hold (workaround).
Maybe the next version will be fixed. I can wait for it. As
1.) I am the only one with this problem, and
2.) other bugreports are already existing (which might got the same reasons
like in my problem) and
3.) I cannot really prove it is a bug indeed,

I did not send a bugreport yet.

Thank you very much for your compentent help!

Best regards

Hans