Re: Set up headless Bubba Two for firewall/gateway

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 04:50:53 +0000, Csanyi Pal wrote:

> Tue, 05 Jul 2011 18:07:23 -0400 keltezéssel William Hopkins azt írta:

>> You may also need to configure your local network some but I suspect it
>> already is. Try ping instead of and if that
>> works, DNS is the only thing missing.
> I can 'ping' successfully from ma laptop that is on my LAN
> behind Bubba firewall/gateway.

If you can ping from the LAN side then you maybe facing a DNS problem
instead a routing one (that given your network setup it could be also the

Can the Bubba machine itself resolve domain names or are just clients
that fail?

I would try:

- From bubba: dig google.com; dig @ google.com
- From clients: dig google.com; dig @ google.com