Re: Squeeze - Virtualbox - No Installable Kernel - Solved

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 09:27:31 -0400 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
>On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 23:59:20 -0400, scottmaccal wrote:
>> I recently installed VirtualBox on Squeeze by following these
>> instructions: http://wiki.debian.org/VirtualBox. During the
>install of
>> an Ubuntu 8.04 server virtual machine I got the following error:
>> installable kernel was found in the defined APT sources. Has
>anyone else
>> encountered this and found a fix? If so, could they please
>Check out this:
>VirtualBox with Vista Host and Ubuntu 8.04 Guest
>To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
>with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
>Archive: [🔎] pan.2011.">http://lists.debian.org/[🔎] pan.2011.

Thank you! This did the trick. I do not understand why this was a
problem and this work around was necessary but it worked. I have
used VirtualBox in Ubuntu and Fedora and never had a problem
installing an Ubuntu VM. For the record this work around was also
needed in order to install an Ubuntu 10.04 VM. I have not tested