Re: weird - rsync get removed from system. presumably after last update?

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 09:14:05 +0200, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jun 2011, Juan R. de Silva wrote:
>
>> . . .
>>> Did you look at /var/log/dpkg.log?
>>
>> No trace...
>> . . .
>     strange.
>     did you look also in backup files dpkg.log.1, dpkg.log.2.gz ...
>     Finding the exact time when rsync was removed may help to find the
>     origin of removal.

Well, I've overlooked rsync removal in dpkg.log. There is a clear trace
of it.

Look here http://pastebin.com/a9x3wu4L

Most part of that very day, as far as I remember, I was trying to resolve
couple of problems I'm having with fglrx driver. So I was purging fglrx
and re-installing Xorg driver and then reverting the procedure watching
for results and comparing performance.

Everything was done using apt-get and only packages related to fgrx and
xserver-xorg-video-* were removed and reinstalled back and forth.

But search for rsync in that log. For a reason I cannot comprehend rsync
was removed somewhere in the middle. And I just overlooked it.

Any ideas?