Re: weird dhclient problem

2011/6/30 wolf python london <lyh19901223@gmail.com>:
> Hey all,
>
>    I recently upgrade my Wheezy and Sid box, and find a weird problem about
>    dhclient(package:isc-dhcp-client ).
>
>    My boxes are in an intranet (my campus),so I want to access the stuff
>    in the intranet (ftp and http). The intranet has its own dhcp server,
>    so we can get an ip and netmask by dhclient. In my squeeze box ,
>    $dhclient eth0
>    is fine , I can then acess the ftp and http servers in the intranet.
>    But in my Wheezy and Sid boxes, it's sucks. Here is my
>    /etc/network/interfaces:
>
>    wolf@wheezy:~$ cat /etc/network/interfaces
>    # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
>    # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).
>
>    # The loopback network interface
>    auto lo
>    iface lo inet loopback
>
>    # The primary network interface
>    allow-hotplug eth0
>    #NetworkManager#iface eth0 inet dhcp
>
>    iface dsl-provider inet ppp
>    pre-up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up # line maintained by pppoeconf
>    provider dsl-provider
>    iface eth0 inet dhcp
>
>    As you can see, the last line "iface eth0 inet dhcp" means I can
>    get an ip via ifupdown and still use the dhcp to configure eth0.
>    #ifdown eth0;ifup eth0
>    Ok, its fine,ping other hosts(for example 10.20.79.1) in the
> intranet is ok .
>    I paste the process here (http://pastie.org/2142558)
>    I cannot figure it out why the dhclient command failed though it
>    actually get and ip and netmask and the route are even the same, while
>    ifupdown is ok  ?
>

>    thanks all!
>

> --

Hi,

Do you have NetworkManager installed? if so please de-install it as it
has weird behaviour some times. :-(

Can you provide the arp (arp -a) table too in both cases. Like you did
in http://pastie.org/2142558

But I think the real problem is that the right lines in your
/etc/network/interfaces must look like:
# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

Please add the "auto eth0" line

Best regards

Juan
--
Mi nueva dirección es: - My new email address is: - Mon nouveau email est:
juan@elsotanillo.net