Running Squeeze on a 2 GB usb stick?

Hi - I have a work laptop with Windows and since it tracks basically everything I do, I'd like to install Squeeze to a 2 GB usb stick I have laying around so I can boot to that instead of the internal hdd for personal use.  I plan on doing the Expert Install and was wondering if there is advice on recommended packages other than the base system for my given circumstances?  Here's what I was thinking of installing in addition to the base system:

-GParted
-gedit
-Iceweasel
-Synaptic Package Manager
-Update Manager
-Network Manager (or wicd)
-A few things under Preferences like Appearance, Screensaver, Power Management

Am I silly to think I'll be able to do this on 2 GB?  The laptop has 4 GB RAM so I'm not worried about swap space.

Thank you for any input.

Mark