Re: Running Squeeze on a 2 GB usb stick?

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 21:17:15 -0700, Mark wrote:

> Hi - I have a work laptop with Windows and since it tracks basically
> everything I do, I'd like to install Squeeze to a 2 GB usb stick I have
> laying around so I can boot to that instead of the internal hdd for
> personal use.  I plan on doing the Expert Install and was wondering if
> there is advice on recommended packages other than the base system for
> my given circumstances?

(...)

It appears to me that 2 GiB seems not enough room for a full DE. Besides,
there are flash memory inherent write limits, that you will reach very
quickly if you plan to give it a normal use.

I would consider using an external USB hard disk (if space/weight is a
concern, there are very compact devices available in the market), instead
of a flash based one which means more room for your system, no write
cycle limits and more speed :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón