Re: debian 6.0 boot failure after update to grub2

Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@lavabit.com> writes:

> However, after spending many hours on this (thanks phcoder from #grub)
> it turned out that necessary modules were missing from initramfs.
> Adding jfs was enough for the system to boot in qemu but not for the
> real hardware. I've not yet found out what's necessary for that. So,
> almost solved.. and not sure what to put into the bug report yet.

Since I'm not using JFS and had similar symptoms, it's probably not only
related to JFS modules. You could say in the bug report that systems
eventually become unable to boot because of modules missing from
initramfs. IIRC, there has been an update of mkinitramfs or
update-initramfs a while ago in Testing --- that was after I found
myself unable to boot my kernel. I don't know whether this updated is
related at all, though.