Re: Advice sought on obtaining latest Amarok package

On 25/06/11 17:15, Brian wrote:
<snip>
Submit 'amarok' to the search engine. It will tell you whether there are
any backported packages for Squeeze for your architecture (i386 etc).
Decide whether you want to install a package and read the instructions
for changing sources.list (go back a page).

Aha!! So that's how that works <a dim light bulb illuminates!>

Only you can decide if this is the best way for you and whether the
package is recent enough for your needs. FWIW, I think it will give you
fewer problems than the alternatives.

Thanks Brian. I'll give that approach a spin and see how I make out with that.
Pls elaborate.
I hope I have.

Many thanks.

AG