Re: Advice sought on obtaining latest Amarok package

On 25/06/11 14:46, Brian wrote:
On Sat 25 Jun 2011 at 13:16:44 +0100, AG wrote:

Any thoughts?
http://backports-master.debian.org/Packages/

Brian

I've now followed this suggestion, and although doing so pulled in a load of other KDE packages, I am pleased to note that - at least so far - there doesn't appear to be any wider system problems and I am now running the 2.4.1 version of Amarok, which is much better than the native squeeze version (includes MusicBrainz tagging, better cover art look up and configuration, etc.).

Just to confirm, if I read the backports instructions correctly, even though the backports line is uncommented in the sources.list, usual package updating will not draw down from backports unless I set the automatic flag on it. Have I understood that correctly?

Once again, many thanks.

AG