Re: No more GRUB legacy at install time since wheezy?

On Sat 25 Jun 2011 at 19:49:48 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> Ah, okay, it's on the same file. It instructs the user to run "info -f
> grub -n 'Simple configuration'.
>
> Good to know... and already done.

They are also here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html

> But there are not many variables that can be set at "/etc/default/grub"
> so why not listing all of them and briefly comment them in the same file?

I cannot locate the exact reference just now but one of the Debian
developers (Colin Watson) does not believe /etc/default/grub is a good
place for documentation. Which is why there is the info source.

> Just tested and had to do nothing. After adding that entry, running
> update-grub and rebooting the windows stanza is out from menu.
>
> I wonder what would happen if no "update-grub" is run after that... it
> keeps the last known state?

It does.