Re: Debian wheezy:machine auto booted after poweroff

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 12:02:54AM +0800, yuanwei xu wrote:
> 2011/6/23 yuanwei xu <xuyuanwei@gmail.com>:

> > Oh, the "acpid" service also started in runlevel 1, it existed in the
> > process list,I thought it shouldn't started because there is no
> > Sxxacpid file.
>
> Sorry, I am a little confused. I run "#init 1" under gnome-terminal,
> then the system quit gnome to console, the screen shows:
>     INIT:  Goging single user
>     INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal
>     Give root password for maintenance
>     (or type Control-D to continue):
> I press Control-D, then some Stopping and some Starting(include
> acpi_fakekey daemon and ACPI service).
> Then I login as root,run #runlevel, it outputs "N 2". here why is not
> runlevel 1?

Runlevel 1 is single-user mode. That single user is root. The "Give root
password for maintenance" prompt is your indication that you are at
runlevel 1. You should log in as root at that point and proceed as
above. When you press Ctrl+D, you are leaving runlevel 2 and going back
to multi-user mode which is why you're able to log in as any user.

--
Paul Saunders